Projects can be various shapes and sizes, from the small and straightforward to large and complex. Planning the various stages and activities of the project is an important task that should involve others where it makes sense. Often, working backwards from the end aim, identifying all the things that need to be put in place and done, in reverse order, can help. When you lack experience of the topic, involve others to brainstorm, gather information and points, identify additional factors or experience of others, explore ideas, or innovate. Project planning is a question of putting points in the right order, and establishing relationships and links. Some parts of the project will need other parts of the project to be completed before they can begin or progress. A good project plan will be a useful tool in running your project effectively and working with your team and others.
Project management and implementation involves planning, organizing, and managing the steps in a project plan required to finish the objective that has been set out. This is necessary in order to save money, time, and effort in executing the project. Many techniques are used but key elements are the work or project plan describing steps or phases, ensuring a support team and resources are in place, running efficient meetings, understanding what is critical, and completing tasks in a timely fashion.
Services CC can provide at this point in the project implementation process are:
- Awareness in the community of the project and its objectives
- Funding administration
- Banking, receipt of funds, payment of expenses, tracking revenue & expenses
- Assist with interim reporting
- E.g. meetings/email; budget versus actual; status of activities
- Assist with communications
- E.g. provide up-to date project financial status at any time via email
- E.g. attend meetings or discussion with team or fund providers
- Assist with brainstorming, plan re-work, or issues that may arise during implementation